A total of 37 coronavirus were reported by the health authorities on Thursday after 2,574 swab tests were carried out.
The number of active cases now stands at 455.
The number of recoveries has gone up to 2,605, after 43 individuals made a recovery according to an infographic shared by the health ministry on Facebook.
The cases are still being investigated. Meanwhile the health authorities have managed to trace 12 cases from the 23 cases reported on Wednesday. 15 cases have not been accounted for.
- 3 cases were family members of previously known cases
- 3 cases were direct contacts of other positive cases
- 3 cases were from St Joseph Home cluster
- 1 case was in contact with a work colleague who tested positive
- 2 cases were related to a social gathering where other positive cases had been detected.
To date, 3,095 coronavirus cases have been registered so far. The pandemic has claimed 35 victims.
If you want to be the first to receive the latest news on the coronavirus in Malta, download the Newsbook APP here.