28th Covid-19 victim confirmed by health authorities

Miguela Xuereb

Tista' taqra bil- Malti.

The Health Ministry has reported the death of a 78-year-old woman after she tested positive to coronavirus. The woman died on Thursday.

Earlier on Thursday the health authorities reported the deaths of two care home residents. This would be the third death registered on Thursday.

In a statement the health authorities said that the woman who was a patient at Mount Carmel Hospital had tested positive on 11 August. She tested negative twice on 28 August and on 9 September.

The woman was rushed to Mater Dei Hospital on Thursday. She died at the Emergency Department on Thursday. A swab test done while she was at the Emergency Department found that the woman was once again positive for coronavirus.

The ministry said she had underlying health conditions, before giving its condolences to their loved ones and urging the public to keep following the advice of the health authorities.