3 elderly succumb to Covid-19

Updated 02:40 PM
Miguela Xuereb

During the press briefing on Friday, addressed by the Superintendent for Public Health Prof. Charmaine Gauci, it was mentioned that another patient has died of coronavirus while receiving care at the ITU in Mater Dei Hospital. Prof. Gauci said that the information about the patient was still being gathered.

It was also mentioned how the majority of the victims so far were aged between 85 and 94 years.

Earlier on Friday, the Ministry for Health announced that two men have succumbed to Covid-19, bringing Malta’s death count due to the virus up to 37.

The Ministry for Health announced that the two men, aged 90 and 78 years, died at Mater Dei Hospital.

The 90 year old resulted positive to the virus on the 15th of September and was admitted to Mater Dei Hospital on the 27th of September. He died yesterday.

The 78 year old resulted positive to the virus on the 10th of September and was admitted to Mater Dei Hospital on the 15th of September, where he died last night.

Both men have been said to have had ulterior health conditions.