- 450gr all-purpose flour
- 150gr butter
- 150gr sugar
- 50gr fresh yeast
- 3 eggs
- 150gr mixed candied fruit
- pinch of salt
- Almonds to sprinkle on top
- Coarse sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Dissolve the yeast in a little warm water and slowly work in half of the flour; allow the dough to rise in a warm place in a floured bowl.
2. When the dough has doubled in size, place it in a larger bowl and add the remaining flour, beaten eggs, melted butter, sugar and salt.
3. Work the dough gently until it stops sticking to the sides of the bowl, cover with a cloth and allow to rise for another hour.
4. Sprinkle some flour on the candied fruits and then shake excess flour away in a sieve.
5. Add the candied fruits to the dough, place in a dove-shaped mould and decorate with almonds, baste with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar crystals.
6. Cook in a moderate oven for 20-25 minutes.
For more food inspiration, visit our recipes page here.